Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook cannot access photos library

When I attempt (on Macbook Pro) to "create album" or "add photos" on the wives FB page I can see, but cannot access, her photos library. Why? I can, however, access the pictures directory--sadly, the pictures Photo uses aren't stored there. Apple told me they no longer support iPhoto but instead were switching to "Photos." So that's where all pictures are imported from the camera. WTH? This shouldn't be this difficult.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

Posted on May 21, 2016 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2016 5:36 AM

While you are using a web browser or any other applications that is using the media browser, you can access your own System Photos Library, but not other Photos Libraries. Only one of the libraries can be designated as the System Photo Library at a time.

The System Photo Library will be available from the sidebar of the file chooser panel like this:

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2016 5:36 AM in response to dabittle

While you are using a web browser or any other applications that is using the media browser, you can access your own System Photos Library, but not other Photos Libraries. Only one of the libraries can be designated as the System Photo Library at a time.

The System Photo Library will be available from the sidebar of the file chooser panel like this:

User uploaded file

May 23, 2016 4:20 PM in response to léonie

léonie,

Thank you for the answer, I had the same problem. Now I see all my photos in the libraries, they are all in there. But why the Album names or Years or Places names do not show anymore? And why is the Photos Icon not clickable or does not open up but it is still there in the Pictures folder? It does open the App clicking on it straight from the Finder folder, but it does not work through the uploading dialog window from Facebook or other sites.

Thank you

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Facebook cannot access photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.