Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to keep Safari toolbar in view in full screen?

My question: How to keep Safari toolbar in view when using full screen? Was told by Applecare that I can't keep it in view because full screen by definition excludes toolbars and other things. (using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5) My Safari Preferences designate: "Always show toolbar in full screen" but it still disappears.

I read about using Control-Command-F keys to toggle between full and smaller window but wish I didn't have to bother. Wish it could just stay there.

Wish Applecare helper had told me about this work around: Start with smaller screen and drag corners to desired full screen size. This will red yellow and green buttons from disappearing.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 21, 2016 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2016 9:41 AM

exit full screen. Hold the option key and click the green button. This will expand the window to "full size"

Create a new Desktop if you need to get it into mission control

User uploaded file

hope this helps.

3 replies

May 21, 2016 12:02 PM in response to BethMowry

Show Toolbar in Full Sreen Safari 9?

1. Enter Full Screen by clicking the green navigational button.

Window will be in Full Screen mode. By default Toolbar will not be in view.

User uploaded file

2. Move the mouse pointer to the top of the screen to make the Safari menu bar and Toolbar drop down.

User uploaded file

3. Click “View” menu in the Safari menu bar and click “Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen “ to enable it.

A check mark will appear beside “Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen”.

User uploaded file

4. Exit Full Screen. Enter Full Screen and test. Safari Toolbar should be in view.

User uploaded file

how to keep Safari toolbar in view in full screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.