Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac-mini -- Denon AVR-1910 -- Samsung HDTV on HDMI

Hi,

I have mi Mac mini connected via HDMI port to the Denon AVR 1910. My HDTV (Samsung le37b530p7w) is also HDMI-connected.

The very annoying issue I have is that image and sound "flicker" (go off and on) constantly.

When it does, I see HDMI, PCM, DTS indicators on the Denon going on and off.... like Mac-Mini and the Denon were syncing/handshaking. The TV image go on and off, and it indicates "searching signal".

I tried connecting the mac mini directly to the HDTV, the flickering thing did not happened.

I does not occur either with my TV Box or DVD/BR player.

I've tried all HDMI ports on the TV and the Denon AVR. It always happens, and only occurs when the mac-mini is displaying something.

However, when I'm listening music on the mac mini, but the TV is off (no image on the TV, but the sound goes through the Denon AVR), the flickering does not occur.

I've read similar issues on the forum, but not real solution.

Any help?

Hardware detail:

Mac mini: late 2012, OSX El Capitan 10.11.4

Denon AVR 1910

Samsung HDTV le37b530p7w

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on May 21, 2016 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2016 5:12 AM

unless denon has a firmware upgrade for their AVR I would say the best bet would be to to connect the mac to the tv and connect the tv to the denon

3 replies

May 22, 2016 5:12 AM in response to Rudegar

Hi Rudegear,

I did as you suggested: Mac mini - HDMI - HDTV - Optical Cable - Denon 1910

It did solve all the flickering issue !!!!

However, I have sound issues when playingback videos on Plex and Kodi, I get noise instead of sound. When using VLC, iTunes and Youtube, everything work fine.

Do you have a clue of what is going on?? :-/

Cheers,

Mac-mini -- Denon AVR-1910 -- Samsung HDTV on HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.