Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 connected but not charging...?

Hi Everyone,

yesterday brought home new macbook and new mm2. Connected mm2 to laptop, turned it on. It paired automatically and i see the status that says connected and being charged. But the charge lebel remeains at zero. I kept it on and pluged for few hours, kept it off and pluged for few hours, then left it over night at my ipad charger. Nothing, it still shows zero charged level, says it is being charged and says it off or out of battery power the moment i unplug it. Tried mac restarts, turn offs, several time unpaired and paired again. Strange for me to receive new and damage apple product, so before i turn it back to shop, trying to see if anyone had and somehow fixed that problem...

Posted on May 22, 2016 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2016 12:15 PM

Howdy there Verhoven,

It sounds like your computer acknowledges that the Magic Mouse 2 is plugged in and seems to be trying to charge but the charge number never goes up. I would reset your SMC then your PRAM in that order first:

Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Then:

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac

Then try charging the mouse again. If it persists then I would next boot to safe mode to clear some system level caches :

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

From: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn‘t finish starting up

Once you log into safe mode, restart as normal and try charging the mouse again. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2016 12:15 PM in response to Verhoven

Howdy there Verhoven,

It sounds like your computer acknowledges that the Magic Mouse 2 is plugged in and seems to be trying to charge but the charge number never goes up. I would reset your SMC then your PRAM in that order first:

Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Then:

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac

Then try charging the mouse again. If it persists then I would next boot to safe mode to clear some system level caches :

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

From: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn‘t finish starting up

Once you log into safe mode, restart as normal and try charging the mouse again. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, take care!

Magic Mouse 2 connected but not charging...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.