You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M2070 Samsung scanner now won't work with El Capitan 10.11.5

I have a Samsung M2070 laser printer/scanner and the scanner now won't work with El Capitan 10.11.5, the scanner assistant just keeps closing while scanning, I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled but makes no difference. Any ideas?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on May 23, 2016 12:35 AM

10 replies

May 23, 2016 3:25 AM in response to Davoo33

Just remember there are two drivers available from the last page I linked you to.

One Printer driver which is about 8Mbs, and the separate Scanner driver which is about 52Mbs.

So if you click on the link in my last reply, scroll down to the Driver section, on the right-hand side

you will see Printing and Scan Driver, just under that to the right is 'View More' in blue

click that to get more options and you should see the Mac versions. you should get similar looking

pages from Chroots links too, hopefully they are of use to you.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

May 23, 2016 1:06 AM in response to Davoo33

I found this page on the Samsung website which offers drivers for OS X Yosemite, no mention of El Capitan, but might be worth a try.

if you haven't already tried.

http://www.samsungdrivers.net/samsung-m2070-driver/

Were you able to scan on an earlier version of El Capitan, or have recently upgraded from an earlier OS.

In the Apple Support Downloads page the last Samsung Driver update was listed back in 2013.

And although it supports printing function it doesn't seem to support the scanning side of things.

here is a link to that download, Samsung Printer Drivers v2.6 for OS X from that page there is a link in blue you can check which printers/scanners

it supports.

May 24, 2016 12:58 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Hi

Yes I did download the correct driver but still it wouldn't work so I called Samsung and was on the phone to them for 45mins, they confirmed the latest version of El Capitan 10.11.5 is not compatible with the M2070W all in one printer - there will be a new driver coming out sometime in the future but they have no idea when. However they did talk me through downloading a different scan driver (Samsung Easy Document creator) for another of their printers which does work. Here's the link: http://www.samsungsetup.com/TS/Client/en/Install.html

When installing you need to check the box 'to install without being connected to the printer' then when it asks for printer type & model select 'colour MFP' and 'model SL-C480'

Thanks for all your help.

May 26, 2016 8:29 AM in response to Davoo33

Hi, i had the same issue. I've solved it as follows:

1. Delete all samsung printers from the System preferences

2. Using Printer Software Uninstaller application remove all Samsung software. Make sure the uninstaller app also removed

3. Reboot your Mac

4. Re-Install everything using official Samsung Printer Installer application, choosing printer from discovery, no need to specify not yours model.

5. Enjoy

M2070 Samsung scanner now won't work with El Capitan 10.11.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.