Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A contact doesn't receive my iMessages or texts

A contact of mine has not been receiving iMessages from me since May 10, 2016. I have been getting his, but he doesn't get mine. We've sent iMessages for years with no issues. Some details:

- He is using an iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1. I'm using an iPhone 6 - was running 9.3.1 when the issue started, but have since upgraded to 9.3.2.

- He is also not receiving my responses to iMessage threads that we are both on, but receives everyone elses.

- Tried turning off iMessages (first just one of us, then both). Regular texts aren't getting through from me to him, either.

- Attempted to iMessage him from my iPad; also not receiving them

Actions we've tried:

- Regular and "hard" restarts of our iPhones

- Checked to ensure we aren't accidentally on each others' blocked lists

- Reset network settings

- Deleted conversation and started new

- Deleted and re-entered contact in phone

- Turned iMessage off and back on

Our iMessages work with others; he is just not receiving mine. I find it bizarre that texts from me to him aren't working either.

Any idea what the issue might be / how to resolve it? I hope it doesn't involved a factory rest of my or his phones...

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 23, 2016 10:19 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2016 10:25 AM in response to pteberhart

I would test to see if this issue continues when the both of you have iMessage disabled. You may have to delete the present conversation string you already have on your devices with one another, but usually you will only have to disable iMessage to test this. If he is still unable to receive your messages through SMS/green bubble, let us know.

If he is able to receive your message, contact Apple Support so they can look into this further. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Ask for a Senior Advisor for such an issue. If the advisor continues to attempt troubleshooting with you after you have requested a Senior Advisor, be adamant that you are transferred to one. They are required to do so upon request.

May 25, 2016 5:23 AM in response to pteberhart

BBois - thanks for the reply, and if it happens again, I'll definitely start there.

Didn't get a chance to try it, though, because my iMessages randomly started going through yesterday evening. He messaged me (I was always getting his), and replied on a whim, and it worked. He never got any of the previously sent messages (no "catch up," if you will - I guess those are just lost).

Wish I could explain it - 14 days without receiving my iMessages OR texts, then boom, they start going through.

A contact doesn't receive my iMessages or texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.