Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6: Apple logo appears, photos disappear, runs slowly

Hi everyone,

About two days ago, I was going through and deleting old videos on my iPhone 6 when the screen turned black, the Apple logo appeared (as if it was turning on), and the phone went back to normal. However, I noticed that all the photos and albums had been deleted. After a short while, they started to reappear again, but a little while later the same process with the logo happened.

After this happened, more and more problems started to appear; the phone would randomly become unresponsive (black screen, but vibrations + sound notifications still came), apps randomly crashing, extremely slow speed, background blurriness, etc. It's getting increasingly harder to use the phone, and I can't save any new photos either.

Considering I had 27,000 photos and videos, it takes a while for them to reappear again, and I'm kind of afraid of losing 2 years worth of memories. Does anyone know of a solution? I'd really like to avoid resetting it, since I wasn't able to back most of them up (computer couldn't handle importing that many photos).

I've tried restarting by turning it off and on and holding the power and home buttons before, but that hasn't seemed to help. This also started before I updated to 9.3.2, and I tried to update it to see if it would fix anything – unfortunately, it didn't.

More details:

• Capacity: 55.6GB
  • Available: 323MB
  • Version: 9.3.2
  • Model: MG632LL/A

If anyone has any help, please let me know!

Thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 23, 2016 8:34 PM

2 replies

May 25, 2016 7:28 AM in response to OmegaKabob

Hi OmegaKabob,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your iPhone; I know how frustrating that can be. Given your current situation, before you engage in any troubleshooting I would strongly advise you to transfer a copy of your photos to your computer, and/or to back up your device (preferably both). You may find the following articles helpful:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Given what you have described with photos "reappearing", you may also want to see if you have iCloud Photo Library set up:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all your devices - Apple Support

Once you are certain you have safe and secure copies of your data, you may then want to try reinstalling a fresh copy of iOS, as outlined in this article (the article is aimed at a slightly different issue, but the steps are more generally applicable):

If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up

You might see the Apple logo or a red or blue screen for a long time during start up. Try these steps:

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on - Apple Support

Regards

May 28, 2016 7:26 AM in response to OmegaKabob

I have the exact same problem too, only that i'm using a 128gb iPhone 6. after the repeated loop of pictures disappearing altogether and then reappearing by themselves, i restarted my phone and my phone has failed to turn on ever since. It is now stuck at the apple logo. i would highly advise that you back up all your files first as this might just happen to you too.

iPhone 6: Apple logo appears, photos disappear, runs slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.