Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i avail student discount on mac in india?

Hey guys, I am planning to buy a Macbook air . I know apple provides student discount to college students , Can i avail this discount in India??

Posted on May 23, 2016 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2017 8:47 AM

Yes, Apple gives student discounts in India..the student discounts are not valid for iphone valid only for MacBooks and iPads.The discounts are usually in the form of direct price cut . The discount is normally between July and October - the peak time to most of students buy laptops .

The discounts are direct price cut, or by offering the accessories for free. The iPads are discounted in the range of Rs.4,500 .

The discounts are sometimes in the form of straight price cut, or by offering the discount amount's worth of accessories for free. Apple offers some Rs.12-18,000 discount on MacBooks,

step to avail discount

• you have to carry college ID card to the store .
  • Apple Student Discounts are not available on e-commerce websites.
  • The candidates also should not be more than 25 years old.
  • The discount is valid for candidates of class 10 and above only.

if you wan more information please visit 9to5Mac - Apple latest News for latest news update an dont forget to subscribe the rss newsletter and website .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2017 8:47 AM in response to akar5h

Yes, Apple gives student discounts in India..the student discounts are not valid for iphone valid only for MacBooks and iPads.The discounts are usually in the form of direct price cut . The discount is normally between July and October - the peak time to most of students buy laptops .

The discounts are direct price cut, or by offering the accessories for free. The iPads are discounted in the range of Rs.4,500 .

The discounts are sometimes in the form of straight price cut, or by offering the discount amount's worth of accessories for free. Apple offers some Rs.12-18,000 discount on MacBooks,

step to avail discount

• you have to carry college ID card to the store .
  • Apple Student Discounts are not available on e-commerce websites.
  • The candidates also should not be more than 25 years old.
  • The discount is valid for candidates of class 10 and above only.

if you wan more information please visit 9to5Mac - Apple latest News for latest news update an dont forget to subscribe the rss newsletter and website .

May 24, 2016 12:22 PM in response to akar5h

Yes, Apple does give student discounts in India. The discount period is normally between July and September - the time when schools/colleges reopen.

Mind you, the student discounts are valid only for MacBooks and iPads.

While Apple offers some Rs.10-15,000 discount on MacBooks, third party stores offer more. It varies from store to store. The discounts are sometimes in the form of straight price cut, or by offering the discount amount's worth of accessories for free. In 2013, there was a cash discount of Rs.15,000, while in 2015, it was the accessories based discount.

The iPads are discounted in the range of Rs.3,500 to Rs.6,000, depending upon the variant.

To avail a student discount, you have to carry your school/college ID card to the store while making a purchase. The discount is valid for students from class 10 and above only. The student also must not be more than 25 years old.

Apple Student Discounts are not available on e-commerce websites.

- Ajay Parthasarathy - Quora.com

I hope this answers your question.

Can i avail student discount on mac in india?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.