Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s is disabled and won't connect to itunes

I have an iPhone 5s that is disabled. It charges on the wall but when I connect it to my laptop and computer it doesn't. my computer doesn't recognize it at all and neither does iTunes. How can I factory restore my phone? I even tried to put it in DFU mode or Recovery mode and iTunes will not recognize it at all. Please help!

Posted on May 24, 2016 8:06 PM

3 replies

May 24, 2016 8:35 PM in response to help restoring

Well, beyond the troubleshooting steps provided in the article, I don't know of anything else that can be done with the possible exception of cleaning out your connection points on the cable that you are connecting with, or to try another cable.

And you are running the most current version of iTunes?

Your one other option would be to erase the device from iCloud.com. If you have Find My iPhone turned on on the phone, you can go to Find My iPhone at iCloud.com, and Erase the device from there, if the device is connected to Wifi.

Best of luck,

GB

iPhone 5s is disabled and won't connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.