Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps Disappearing

A bunch of my apps have disappeared from my homescreen, including Camera and Safari and all other apps I got from the App Store. They show up in my settings but not when I use the spotlight search or go to my homescreen. How do I get them back?

iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 25, 2016 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2016 9:53 PM

Try a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. If that does not help, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

4 replies

May 26, 2016 7:59 AM in response to amakinney

If a reset of the Home screen layout did not restore the apps, then you may need to do a restore. After you did the reset, did you attempt to locate these apps via Spotlight? Check all of the folders you have, including any that may be titled Extras, or Utilities. One of those is created when the iOS setup is new to hold many of the Apple apps. That could be where they are located. Did you go into Settings>General>Restrictions, and see if you had a restriction for the Camera or other apps? If so, and there were no restrictions, then first try a restore from backup, and if necessary restore to factory. Camera and Safari are iOS native apps and cannot be deleted.

Apps Disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.