Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s default apps missing after restoring backup from 4s

So i have restored my 4s data onto my 6s but i have noticed the the default apps that came with the 6s like ilive/iwork have disappeared.

Is there a way of getting these back because i see that if i go onto my itunes they are not free apps anymore

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 26, 2016 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Try resetting the App Store but make sure you sign back in with the same ID originally used to set up the 6s.

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2016 7:46 AM in response to Memorym

Try resetting the App Store but make sure you sign back in with the same ID originally used to set up the 6s.

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

May 27, 2016 12:13 AM in response to Memorym

Memorym wrote:

Hi There

I have tried what you have mentioned above and unfortunately my issue still persists.I can not seem to get the default apps back on my iphone 6s 😟

Then it'll be time to contact Apple directly. Your only proof needed for said apps is your iPhone 6s itself. Having purchased this phone, you are permitted access to these apps, free of charge. The resolution for this will be quick if you call AppleCare and explain. They will partner with iTunes Store Support to re-grant you access to these apps without requiring payment.

iphone 6s default apps missing after restoring backup from 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.