Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subtitles freeze at specific point

I'm using 3rd gen AppleTV via AirPlay to stream html5 videos with vtt subtitles to my TV. And i always encounter the same problem - subtitles stop showing at a specific point of time. I've prepared the demo page demonstrating this problem: http://ravwar.github.io/. At exactly 7:50 after the cue "but much better looking" the subtitles disappear. Inside the browser - subtitles work fine throughout the video.

I've tested this problem with different videos and subtitles. It's always present, but depending on subtitle contents - occurs at different time points. Removing some cue words - shifts the problem by a couple of seconds, so i think it's tied directly to the subtitle contents. Maybe it occurs at the exact byte-size.

Would be grateful for some feedback.

Apple TV

Posted on May 26, 2016 1:44 PM

7 replies

Jun 24, 2017 2:26 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Hi Diana!

Thanks for the suggestion, but this action has never helped. Apple keeps ignoring any reported bugs, unless it's massive. I've been using pretty much the whole Apple product line for ages and always admired them for their commitment to perfection. So this is really super disappointing.

Also, as I'm based in Ukraine, I'm destined to being in that vicious circle of trying to get Apple support - I can't engage in any human interaction because my country isn't supported and I cant get an answer to my issue, as it's not covered by Apple on any of their channels.

Do you have any recommendations on how I could get this fixed? I spent hours trying to find a workaround, but to no avail..

May 26, 2016 2:16 PM in response to RavWar

I don't know if this will help, but you could try setting the Subtitles Language to the language of your subtitles. This is not the same as the system menus language. On my ATV 4, it's under Audio and Video, not where you'd expect, so you'll need to hunt for it. Some one else was having trouble with CC and it turned out his language was set to Portugese, go figure.

Subtitles freeze at specific point

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.