Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone calendar auto-switches to today

On my iPhone 6s, I have noticed that almost anytime I switch to the calendar app (unless it was one of the most recently used apps), it automatically goes straight to today's date. Is there a way to not have it auto-load today's date? For example:

-If I click on a date shown in an email, it gives me options to "Create Event", "Show in Calendar", or "Copy". When I click "Show in Calendar", the screen switches to the Calendar app, where it shows that date, but then immediately moves to today's date. If I switch back to the email, and perform the same function "Show in Calendar", it will then allow me to go straight to that date without switching back to today.

-If I was viewing a date in the future, then do a few other things on my phone, and then switch back to the calendar app, I have the same problem. It will briefly (less than 1 second) still show that future date, but then immediately switch to today's date.

Obviously, I have been able to work around it,such as by switching back to the email app and clicking on the date again, but it is a hassle, especially when I forget exactly which date I was looking at previously. If I want to see today's date, I will click on the "Today" button!

Currently using iOS 9.3.2, but I have noticed the issue for a while. I don't see any options in the Settings menus that might address this.

Thanks!

`RJ

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 26, 2016 11:21 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone calendar auto-switches to today

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.