Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blackboard cookies issue

My University uses Blackboard, and one tab inside Blackboard is for Starfish. This tab will not open because it says cookies are blocked. I have gone through preferences and selected Allow from Current website only, and I tried Allow from websites I visit. Neither option will unlock cookies for starfish inside Blackboard. Apple's support page does not address this kind of issue. Does anyone have a solution? User uploaded file

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on May 27, 2016 9:03 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2016 9:15 AM in response to Chrysanthemummy

1. Within Safari Privacy preferences for Cookies try selecting

Always Allow

for your University website.

2. Also, under Security you might uncheck Block pop-up windows if it is checked.

3. Check your extensions, make sure you have not installed some popup blocker or ad blocker as well.

4. Empty your history and cache in Safari

5. Quit Safari and try again.

Just remember that you might want to change the Safari settings back when you visit other website(s)

Sometimes, Firefox just plays better with Blackboard interface than Safari. You might give that a try.

Blackboard cookies issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.