Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable To Get Reply From "AppleCare Service and Support" - Help!!!

The following questions have been submitted but I am unable to determine if they have been received:

Dear AppleCare Service and Support,

In response to your request for feedback, let me say that the support agent was friendly and polite but was unable to give me much assistance due to Apple policies after a unit is owned more than three months. Naturally I was not happy with the explanation that I would have to purchase an extended service package!
Since receiving this computer in Jul 2006 as a gift from my family for my 70th birthday, I have had several queries none of which have received any response from Apple. So, am I satisfied with your service? To date the answer is a definite NO!
At this time I shall repeat my earlier queries which were,by the way, submitted within 60 days of my receiving this computer:

The queries follow.
I am still waiting for an answer!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
Begin forwarded message:
Date: August 28, 2006 9:27:07 AM PDT (CA)
To: Apple <News@InsideApple.Apple.com>
Subject: Re: Thank you for registering with Apple.

I have a question.
When my friends send me cute emails with music attached I do not receive the music. In order to get the complete email with music I must turn on my old PC. That is very disappointing. What can I download so that this computer will have at least as good as capabilities as my old one?
Thank you for your comments.
Sid Popham
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
The web site is: http://www.informedinvestors.com/IIF/IIF_Forum.asp?ForumID=97835&CID=

I have a MacBook OS X.
When I try to open the presentations available on this web site I get a notice:
"Safari cannot find Internet plug-in.
The page "Vcall Console 2004" has content of MIME type "application/x-drm-v2". Because you don't have a plug-in for this MIME type, this content cannot be displayed. [or heard?]"
This is an unacceptable situation.
Please advise me as to what I need to do so that I can both see and hear presentations such as this.
Thank you.
Sid Popham
p.s. This is my second request for this info. I received no reply to my first request

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------

On 27-Nov-06, at 10:08 PM, Apple wrote:

Dear Apple Customer:

Apple would love to get your feedback regarding the last agent you spoke with on your recent call to Apple support.

Your perspective is very important to Apple and the AppleCare team. All information you provide will be treated as confidential and will be used solely to improve our support programs and product offerings.

To complete this web survey, simply click on the web address (URL) displayed below or copy and paste the entire web address into the address field of your web browser.

http://abs.apple.com/ssurvey/survey.html?id=22C4615

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how well we are meeting your expectations.

Sincerely,

AppleCare Service and Support

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy

MacBook1,1

Posted on Dec 3, 2006 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2006 3:28 PM

You can download and install the Flip4Mac Windows Media plugin/player:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17787

This may help with both your problems of email attachments and the website you mentioned. However, I'm suspicious that that website uses a Windows-only file format, and you still won't be able to get it. Unfortunately, some websites use formats that cannot work on a Mac at all. If you really want to access that type of content, you can install Windows on your Mac, with a bit of work (starting with buying Windows).

As for getting support from Apple, once the 90-day phone support period passes, Apple will charge you for support calls (unless it's a hardware warranty problem within your 1 year warranty), unless you buy the extended AppleCare support package (3 years of both phone and hardware support). There is no way to get email support from Apple.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2006 3:28 PM in response to willowway1

You can download and install the Flip4Mac Windows Media plugin/player:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17787

This may help with both your problems of email attachments and the website you mentioned. However, I'm suspicious that that website uses a Windows-only file format, and you still won't be able to get it. Unfortunately, some websites use formats that cannot work on a Mac at all. If you really want to access that type of content, you can install Windows on your Mac, with a bit of work (starting with buying Windows).

As for getting support from Apple, once the 90-day phone support period passes, Apple will charge you for support calls (unless it's a hardware warranty problem within your 1 year warranty), unless you buy the extended AppleCare support package (3 years of both phone and hardware support). There is no way to get email support from Apple.

Dec 3, 2006 4:38 PM in response to willowway1

Sorry you still have problems. A bit of good news is that the Flip4Mac plugin will allow you to play a lot of other Windows web content.

The other easy thing you should do, if you haven't already, is install the up-to-date version of the Flash Player for Intel Macs:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1ProdVersion=ShockwaveFlash&promoid=BIOW

Dec 3, 2006 4:52 PM in response to willowway1

The Apple Discussions is a user-to-user support forum. None of us work for Apple. No one here can speak for Apple or direct your concerns to them. Apple does not provide service via e-mail. I have no idea where the "News@InsideApple.Apple.com" address came from, but it's clearly not an address where you'll be able to receive technical support. You will need to call AppleCare Support on the telephone or bring your MacBook into an Apple retail store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Your MacBook comes with a one year warranty protecting you from hardware defects. It also comes with 90 days of support for software issues. If you call AppleCare Support after the first 90 days, they will ask you for a credit card to charge you if you have a software question. If, in the end, you have a hardware problem that is covered your credit card will not be charged (or you will get a refund if you were charged ahead of time). The telephone agents cannot determine the difference between a hardware and software problem before they talk with you and it's standard procedure to ask for the credit card number first.

I would recommend purchasing an AppleCare Protection Plan for your MacBook to give you warranty service for hardware defects for three years from the purchase date of the computer (you have until your original one year warranty expires to purchase the plan). This APP also covers software issues so you can call AppleCare Support for any trouble you're having. If you are new to Apple computers and Mac OS X, then this could very well be worth the cost.

-Doug

Dec 4, 2006 8:15 PM in response to Plecostomus

Thanks again for your suggestion. I tried installing the "Flash Player 9 UB" but the installation would not work. A note comes up that says " it appears that a browser is running, please close all browsers before installation can proceed". I have Safari & Mac Mail shut down so I don't know what else to do but overcome my stubborn streak and call Apple for technical advice.
As luck would have it, Apple Tech advice shuts down at 9PM Eastern!
The saga continues. I will try tomorrow.
Thanks again.

Dec 4, 2006 8:36 PM in response to willowway1

Forgive me if you already know this but perhaps you have closed your Safari window(s) but haven't quit the application? In contrast to Windows, on Macs an application does not usually stop running when its windows are closed. If you see a little black triangle under the icon in the Dock, the application is still running. You need to choose Quit Safari from the Safari menu. (Click on the Safari icon to bring up the Safari menu.)

Otherwise if you shut down the computer and restart, then nothing should be running that would interfere with the installation.

Unable To Get Reply From "AppleCare Service and Support" - Help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.