Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi network list limited. How do I see more (or all)?

Hi,

First time asking a question here but I have a small problem which involves both the use of my Ipad air and iPhone 5S.

Around me I have about 20 wifi routers, and several around the house. But I'm limited to just a few and cannot find an option to see more, or preferably ALL.

I Cannot find an answer to this anywhere.

User uploaded file

On my friends android he sees an extensive list of possible networks....... Anyone got a simple answer to this?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 28, 2016 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2016 2:25 AM

So the simple answer would appear to that it's not possible. Not by advanced settings or getting a decent app. To Strengthen my earlier point I have dug out an old samsung and what I would prefer to see is a full list of what networks are available. Not what apple decide whats best for me......

User uploaded file

I Am further able to scroll down and see another 10-15 more networks. I was just hoping that my apple devices could be somehow better configured to do the same.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2016 2:25 AM in response to Zemih

So the simple answer would appear to that it's not possible. Not by advanced settings or getting a decent app. To Strengthen my earlier point I have dug out an old samsung and what I would prefer to see is a full list of what networks are available. Not what apple decide whats best for me......

User uploaded file

I Am further able to scroll down and see another 10-15 more networks. I was just hoping that my apple devices could be somehow better configured to do the same.

May 28, 2016 1:39 AM in response to Yav69

It seems to me, your iPad choose only the best connection around the aerie, if you change your position you will get more or less routers around. If you need to connect to a specific router that isn't shown try by clicking other and type the name of the router.

To have many router names on your screen make the handling little bit more difficult, i think that's why the iOS devices shown less routers as on a Macbook or iMac or an Android devices.

May 28, 2016 3:16 AM in response to Yav69

Before i wrote you i check my iPad, an old and new iPhone and also my iMac at the same location my working desk, iPhone and iPad shown only up to 3 WiFi connections. The iMac instead show me 14 connections. Unfortunately there are no settings for these kinds of setup.

If you already have sign in a WLAN via WiFi, for example a sign in a friends WiFi with my iPhone he lives in the 5th floor, and if im in the range of this WiFi, in the front of this apartment for example, it will connect me, if the connection is still low automatically to his WiFi.

May 28, 2016 7:32 AM in response to Yav69

I can often see a long list of networks on my iOS devices when I am in a crowded area so iOS is not limited to three. Your Wi-Fi chip or antenna could be defective.

Try a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

Also try resetting the Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please note that this will delete all the passwords for the previously connected networks.

May 28, 2016 8:01 AM in response to elcpu

I've tried both your solutions, the didn't help unfortunately. I can actually see about 8 networks on the ipad but only 3 on the iphone. 3 seems to be the maximum for some reason for the iPhone.

Thanks for the replies I just assumed I was missing something in settings but it just seems like the ipad and iphone are just built that way.

Wifi network list limited. How do I see more (or all)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.