Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to download the Gracenote CDDB program in order to have iTunes identify the song title on a CD playist?

Do I have to download the Gracenotes CDDB program in order for my CD to show the names of the artist and the song on a burned disc ?

Posted on May 31, 2016 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2016 8:28 AM

Hi,

When you open a commercial cd with iTunes, it should automatically get track information from Gracenote assuming that you have set in Prefences to get cd info from the internet.. If you have a burned CD on your computer, iTunes will remember the track information. If the disc was burned elsewhere, iTunes cannot retrieve track info using gracenote except when the disc is a copy of the original.

Jim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2016 8:28 AM in response to ivan202

Hi,

When you open a commercial cd with iTunes, it should automatically get track information from Gracenote assuming that you have set in Prefences to get cd info from the internet.. If you have a burned CD on your computer, iTunes will remember the track information. If the disc was burned elsewhere, iTunes cannot retrieve track info using gracenote except when the disc is a copy of the original.

Jim

Do I have to download the Gracenote CDDB program in order to have iTunes identify the song title on a CD playist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.