Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sign In with Apple ID" keeps popping up

I recently changed my Apple ID's email but for some reason on my mac, the window with that message keeps popping up and I'm not sure what's triggering it. Since Im no longer using the email associated with the pop-up, I cannot enter a password or press cancel to make it stop. Help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Hardware

Posted on May 31, 2016 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2016 11:12 AM

ebillips wrote:

As far as I can see, I am in the "Mac OS & System Software" section, but apparently I am not as well versed as you when it comes to navigating Apple Forums as I see you are a "Level 2". I appreciate you trying to help, but I will take my issues to a professional with more bed-side manner.

You're now here because I prompted a move for your post to be assigned to the correct section. You're welcome. Additionally, this is a user-based help forum. Your continual insults and backhanded remarks don't make for a good suitor to the best assistance. By all means, Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

They can setup a screenshare to see the exact message you are receiving and for what application you are being prompted for. That will help to answer the question you are struggling with. The suggested sign outs I gave you were not googled, but referenced from my own use of these products. Give me half the story and I can only give you half an answer. You did not originally state that you were using 2 Apple IDs.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2016 11:12 AM in response to ebillips

ebillips wrote:

As far as I can see, I am in the "Mac OS & System Software" section, but apparently I am not as well versed as you when it comes to navigating Apple Forums as I see you are a "Level 2". I appreciate you trying to help, but I will take my issues to a professional with more bed-side manner.

You're now here because I prompted a move for your post to be assigned to the correct section. You're welcome. Additionally, this is a user-based help forum. Your continual insults and backhanded remarks don't make for a good suitor to the best assistance. By all means, Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

They can setup a screenshare to see the exact message you are receiving and for what application you are being prompted for. That will help to answer the question you are struggling with. The suggested sign outs I gave you were not googled, but referenced from my own use of these products. Give me half the story and I can only give you half an answer. You did not originally state that you were using 2 Apple IDs.

Jun 2, 2016 7:32 AM in response to ebillips

ebillips wrote:

Like I mentioned before, it's for my mac. I too found these answers on google and tried re-signing into everything, but I am still getting pop-ups. My problem might be trying to use two different Apple IDs, one personal and one for work, which in theory should be fine. But I changed my personal email and now it still thinks my old personal email is my login ID and will not go away.

ebillips,

You mentioned the matter of your mac before, yes, and I addressed where you would sign out of regarding that. You did leave out the matter of trying to use two different Apple IDs though (one personal and one for work). What do you have open when you are prompted with the old login? Where do you have both of these accounts signed in, and for what services? It sounds like you get this message often. The pop-up asks for your password for the given app it is requesting it for. If for iTunes, it addresses iTunes, if for Mail, it speaks about Mail. Identify the actual text in the pop-up to get your answer.

Additionally, you made your post in the iPhone section of the forum, so despite what you said before, you posted your inquiry in the wrong section. Would you like it moved to the Mac end?

May 31, 2016 9:00 AM in response to ebillips

You updated your email for the Apple ID without signing out first. Just sign out of your Apple ID for all services that utilize your Apple ID, and update it with the correct one.

If this was automated when you updated your Apple ID email or security settings, an illegitimate user of your Apple ID would still be able to use your services.

Jun 2, 2016 5:57 AM in response to BBoiss

Like I mentioned before, it's for my mac. I too found these answers on google and tried re-signing into everything, but I am still getting pop-ups. My problem might be trying to use two different Apple IDs, one personal and one for work, which in theory should be fine. But I changed my personal email and now it still thinks my old personal email is my login ID and will not go away.

"Sign In with Apple ID" keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.