Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my whatsapp stop working when i upgrade to ios 9.3.2 pls help me solve it

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 1, 2016 6:19 AM

8 replies

Jun 1, 2016 6:21 AM in response to microsity 1

1. Try deleting and reinstalling the app
  2. Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.
  3. Contact WhatsApp support

Jun 1, 2016 6:50 AM in response to microsity 1

microsity 1 wrote:

i mean Try a forced restart

Force restart is the comparable equivalent of rebooting your desktop computer by pulling the power cord out from the wall and plugging it back in. If you haven't attempted rebooting your device yet, Hold down the Sleep/Wake Button "lock button" until you see the option to Slide to Power Off. Do this and then power it back on. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support - "You should force restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a last resort, and only if it's not responding. "

Jun 1, 2016 9:30 PM in response to microsity 1

Hello, try these steps, they should help you:

1. Check WhatsApp Update: Open App Store from your iPhone, tap Updates, check if the app needs update.

2. Restart your iPhone: hold down the Sleep/Wake button to power it off and turn it on.

3. Close the app: Open Multitasking by double pressing the Home button, swipe the non-response apps up to close it.

4. Go to Settings, tap Whatsapp, tap switch off everything except mobile data and notofications.

5. Come back to home screen and open whatsapp.

6. Go to Settings,tap Whatsapp and switch on everything back.

7. Open whatsapp again. It should work now.

for me, turn off "Background App Refresh" worked. 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.