Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Legacy instrument bluesharp (harmonica)

So once upon a time there was a perfectly useable bluesharp.exs file in the Legacy instruments for Logic Express and Logic Pro. Many years later, here I am with Logic Pro X, and hunting through the Legacy Instruments I find no mention of it. Is there any way to get it back? I have a couple of old dust-gathering Macs sitting around that probably have the bluesharp.exs file on them (and maybe even some associated .aif files). Is there a way to copy these off an old Mac and make them available for use in Logic Pro X?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jun 1, 2016 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2016 9:08 AM

Never mind. I figured it out. I found the Bluesharp.exs file in the Sampler Instruments folder (inside the Library/Application Support/Logic folder) and the supporting aif files in a Bluesharp folder in the EXS Factory Samples on my most recently mothballed Mac. I copied them onto my current Mac, then moved them into folders I created in the two Library folders that I called "My Legacy." In Logic Pro X, I was able to find the My Legacy list in the EXS24 plug in and use it as a software instrument. I used the modulation control to adjust the sound (three levels: 1-10, 11-120, 121 and above).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2016 9:08 AM in response to JSmith_MD

Never mind. I figured it out. I found the Bluesharp.exs file in the Sampler Instruments folder (inside the Library/Application Support/Logic folder) and the supporting aif files in a Bluesharp folder in the EXS Factory Samples on my most recently mothballed Mac. I copied them onto my current Mac, then moved them into folders I created in the two Library folders that I called "My Legacy." In Logic Pro X, I was able to find the My Legacy list in the EXS24 plug in and use it as a software instrument. I used the modulation control to adjust the sound (three levels: 1-10, 11-120, 121 and above).

Legacy instrument bluesharp (harmonica)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.