Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost half my playlist after updating, have "swapped" slightly older library file and renamed new one corrupt, which works fopr twenty seconds then reverts back to losing half my playlist.

have tried swapping and renaming iTunes Library files which only works for twenty to thirty seconds then reverts to losing most of my playlist. why is this and is there something which only comes into play after this time? a scan or something?

Posted on Jun 1, 2016 8:22 AM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2016 8:26 AM in response to Frisky pancake

As I posted over in Re: The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it was created with a newer version of iTunes...

Are you using iTunes Match or Apple Music? If so sign out of those services, restore the older library file and then sign in again. Hopefully the playlists will merge rather than being replaced. If not then you will need to go offline, restore the older library, export the library as an XML file, reconnect, and then import the XML.

tt2

lost half my playlist after updating, have "swapped" slightly older library file and renamed new one corrupt, which works fopr twenty seconds then reverts back to losing half my playlist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.