Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iTunes store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later

I am trying to download an app via iTunes. However, when I try to download it, I am getting a message saying that it is unable to process the purchase at this time. Instead, it is stuck on Get. When I close out iTunes and reopen it again, I get the same thing.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jun 2, 2016 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2016 1:04 PM

I am getting this message on my iPhone. It keeps popping up even though I am not trying to purchase anything.

10 replies

Jun 2, 2016 1:49 PM in response to Mikaela Arsenault

It's been hours for me. I have an iPad Pro, an iPad Mini 4 and an iPhone. I'm getting several messages in regards to the iTunes store. I've also noticed that there is a large amount of lag associated with browsing the store and searching for Apps. I think the problem is bigger that the technicians realized because it's been going on for several hours and it has not shown any signs of lifting up at this time. It's somehow related to the billing portion of iTunes which will prevent you from making any purchases including in App purchases or just buying an App. It also prevents you from downloading free Apps as well because those are also tied into the billing system, which is moronic if you ask me, because they are free and should have nothing to do with your credit card. I wrote this message because I'm frustrated with Apple in regards to problems like this which is clearly affecting a large amount of people. With the BILLIONS of dollars they have, they could get a programmer in there to create a software bundle that alerts us when there are problems like this and to let us know about when it will be fixed. Instead, we are left in the dark, and we just have to "keep trying later". That's just absurd. I sympathize with my fellow App browsers, App purchasers and in App purchasers. May the rest of your day be better. Here's a free credit from Apple for 1 free App of any value from the iTunes Store for your trouble. See, now that would be good customer service. Geniuses need to be schooled on how to deal with this crap.

The iTunes store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.