Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Hey Siri" feature not working on my iPad Air 2

The "Hey Siri" feature, which allows us to contact Siri without touching the home button, and just announcing "Hey Siri" in the vicinity of the iPad, is not working even after setting up the feature several times. Anyone having the same issue, or possible solution?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jun 4, 2016 11:31 AM

5 replies

Jun 5, 2016 3:15 PM in response to TMHahn

TMHahn wrote:

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"To ask questions without pressing the Home button, plug your device into power and turn on "Hey Siri.” With iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, and iPad Pro (9.7-inch) you can use this feature without plugging into power."

EDIT: Oops! Meg beat me to it!

No worries!

Jun 5, 2016 9:09 AM in response to TMHahn

Thanks for the tip TMHahn, tried everything mentioned, but still didn't work for me.😢 We have two iPhone 6s Plus, and two iPad Air 2's. The "Hey Siri" feature works flawlessly on the phones, but neither of the iPads will respond after many attempts setting up the feature, and the prompts saying successfully "Done" and " Siri will now recognize your voice commands". But when speaking " Hey Siri" to the iPad.....no response.

"Hey Siri" feature not working on my iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.