Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Distributed processing options?

Finally hit the infamous core wall. Too much processing, in my logic pro x sessions. I've done all I can to cut back on the core usage. I'd love to be able to offload some of the processing load to my older 2011 macbook pro workhorse that I keep around instead of committing bounce downs of bus mixes that Im not finished tweaking... ever. Besides it has a bunch of older 32bit plugins I'd love to utilize as well. Obviously, logic node is obsolete. We all know this.

Searched around a bit, and found the best option is Vienna E Pro 5's network software... yes, it's robust. But I'm looking for something that doesn't cost a ton of money, but is simple enough to use quickly. I literally found nothing else in my search other than VEP5

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Logic Pro X 10.10.2

Posted on Jun 4, 2016 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2016 7:43 AM

You can actually run Logic just a s a host for plugins, on a separate computer as a Slave Machine.

Send the MIDI Signal from Logic Master to the Logic Slave and route the audio from Logic Slave back to Logic Master.

It requires some managing of Plugin licensing keys a little bit, which Plugins run on which machine. However, if you use a lot of EXS24, Drum Kit Designer stuff, then you can run that on the Slave Machine and all the third party stuff on the Master.

Here are two screenshots from a few years ago, but the concept is basically the same

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2016 7:43 AM in response to J West.

You can actually run Logic just a s a host for plugins, on a separate computer as a Slave Machine.

Send the MIDI Signal from Logic Master to the Logic Slave and route the audio from Logic Slave back to Logic Master.

It requires some managing of Plugin licensing keys a little bit, which Plugins run on which machine. However, if you use a lot of EXS24, Drum Kit Designer stuff, then you can run that on the Slave Machine and all the third party stuff on the Master.

Here are two screenshots from a few years ago, but the concept is basically the same

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Logic Pro X - Distributed processing options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.