Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy/paste artwork in iTunes 12

How can I copy the artwork from one song and paste it into the artwork for another? Also, in older versions o iTunes you could scroll through the playlist and the album artwork would scroll as well. Is there any view that allows that in iTunes 12?

Posted on Jun 5, 2016 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2016 7:41 PM

Art Starr wrote:

How can I copy the artwork from one song and paste it into the artwork for another? Also, in older versions o iTunes you could scroll through the playlist and the album artwork would scroll as well. Is there any view that allows that in iTunes 12?

Right-click on the song, select "Get Info." Go to the Artwork tab. Click on the image, then press Command + C to copy it. Find the song you want to paste the artwork to, right-click on it, selecting "Get Info." Go to the Artwork tab. Press Command + V to paste.

To answer your last question, Cover Flow (what you're describing) no longer exists.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2016 7:41 PM in response to Art Starr

Art Starr wrote:

Right-click on the song, select "Get Info." Go to the Artwork tab. Click on the image, then press Command + C to copy it. Find the song you want to paste the artwork to, right-click on it, selecting "Get Info." Go to the Artwork tab. Press Command + V to paste.

To answer your last question, Cover Flow (what you're describing) no longer exists.

Jun 5, 2016 7:49 PM in response to Art Starr

Also, in older versions o iTunes you could scroll through the playlist and the album artwork would scroll as well. Is there any view that allows that in iTunes 12?

This might be just semantics, but I don't think it was ever working like this unless you actually selected the albums.

The playlist view allows customizing the playlist artwork by selecting it in the top-most listing. If you have not customized it, it will just display a mosaic of the first four albums in the playlist.

Jun 6, 2016 4:13 AM in response to Art Starr

Art Starr wrote:

Thank you. Shame about Cover Flow. I spent a lot of time importing artwork and put off upgrading iTunes because I had a feeling I wouldn't like the new interface. I was right.

I still have artwork for all my songs/albums. If you hover your cursor over the artwork at the top of the iTunes window, right next to the shuffle button, and then click on it.....

User uploaded file

.....you get a mini player where the album artwork is quite large.

User uploaded file

As songs continue to play, whether in playlist order or random shuffle, you'll continue seeing the artwork for that song. So, you don't have to feel bad about all the artwork you've uploaded/imported. You can still see it and use it.

Jun 6, 2016 1:55 PM in response to Rysz

Thank you. I did find the mini player but still wish the big artwork was in the main iTunes window. I think what I'm missing is the ability to switch what's displayed in the artwork window between what's playing and what's selected. I think it was iTunes 10 that let you still do that as you arrowed up or down through the playlist if 'selection' was chosen. If 'playing' was chosen the artwork would change as the next song started. No way to do that in iTunes 12, right?

copy/paste artwork in iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.