Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select Contacts randomly deleted in iCloud/iphone

iphone 6plus 64G, IOS 9.3.2

Last night after a call from my mother (her name and photo showed up when she called) I plugged my phone in and then received a text from her. Only her phone number showed up. I looked into my phone and found that her contact info was deleted. Several other contacts (maybe 20 as far as I can tell) were also missing. I have texts from these people but no contact name. Looking further into this I realized ALL numbers entered in the last 2 months are gone, but then also numbers Ive had forever are gone - like my mother.

I logged into icloud to check the contacts and the missing contacts are ALSO missing in icloud. Strangely enough the contacts are NOT missing in my ipod which hasn't synced since a few days ago.

This morning I re-inputed the names to the few main contacts that I use (like my mom) and when I got to work I looked in my favorites list and WATCHED as the names erased and the numbers were all that remained.

WHAT IS GOING ON? Can someone please help me!???

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 6, 2016 7:27 AM

5 replies

Jun 23, 2016 10:06 PM in response to Kobebalobe

Have you tried resetting your iPhone: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the Slide to Unlock screen displays, try re-adding a name to Contacts on the iPhone and see if the problem is resolved.

If your iPod still has the correct Contact info, then to get it to iCloud, try turning off Contact in iCloud on the iPod, and select Keep on iPod. Then turn them back on, and select Merge with iCloud. The only risk you may have is that the contacts will be duplicated, since they do not have exactly the same info.

If you don't want to take that chance, then you can go to iCloud.com on a computer and re-enter the names, then turn Contacts off on the iPhone, do not Keep them, and then let iCloud download the updated contacts when you turn it back on.

The other option you have is to restore your iPhone from a backup that was made prior to the issue happening. I'm guessing that there was some corruption on the iPhone which caused this to happen, and because it was syncing with iCloud, it updated the contacts in both places.

Best of luck,

GB

Select Contacts randomly deleted in iCloud/iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.