Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pair hearing aid with macbook

Hearing Aid Resound LS761-DRW

MacBookPro 12,1 Retina, Intel Core i7,3,1 GHz,16 GB

With my iPhone SE I can easily connect to my hearing aid. Unfortunately, this seems to be not possible with my MacBook. Do I have to install additional software or set any flag anywhere?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jun 6, 2016 10:39 AM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2016 10:09 AM in response to OldGnome

Bluetooth 4.0 includes the Bluetooth Low Energy (BT LE) protocol. Mac Pro has supported Bluetooth 4.0 since 2013, MacBook Pro and iMac since 2012, Mac mini and MacBook Air since 2011. So, a lack of "Low Power Bluetooth" is not the reason for pairing issues with Macs. I believe dogsitter or someone said it was possible; I can't find the thread though. Something about Handoff. I'm really interested in finding out how to do it.

Jun 15, 2016 10:47 AM in response to shawnsupport

Found it:

dogsitter wrote:

You asked: " I noticed iPad has a new feature with iOS 8 called Handoff which will allow you to use your hearing aids with any iOS device that is on the same wifi network and iCloud account without having to pair up to the hearing aids. If anyone know how that works, please let me know."

Yes. Your iDevices (and your MAC, when Yosemite is released in about a month) are "aware" of each other when in proximity and on the same Wi-Fi network. If your aids are paired to your iPhone, but you start a session with audio on your iPad (or Mac, under Yosemite) the audio will attempt to go Wi-Fi to your iPhone, then Bluetooth to your aids.

And it works the other way too. If you receive a call, your iPad (or your Mac, under Yosemite) will offer to pick up the call too! YOU THEN CHOOSE which device (iPhone, iPad, Mac) to answer the call on.

I've been using it and it works well.

This evening I watched 3 TV programs on my iPad (NCIS, NCIS New Orleans, and Person of Interest) streaming to my hearing aids. With the iPad just 40 cM from my nose, it was like watching a wall-to-wall TV, and I got the sound right over my hearing aids in stereo. The TV app that runs on my iPad is TabloTV.

So thats how it works. Well.

How to pair hearing aid with macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.