Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same album name different artists

Hi there I have two album of the same name but different artists i.e 'Atlas' is the album name shared by artists Real Estate and FM-84. My iPod classic group them under one name when I search for it in the Album option. How do I separate this two without renaming the album name? Cheers

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 10

Posted on Jun 6, 2016 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2016 7:39 AM

iCeQubeTomato wrote:

How do I separate this two without renaming the album name?

You cannot. My approach is to use the scheme <Album> - <Album Artist> as the album name when the same title is used by more than one album. I also move any guest/featured artist information into the track name and use a common artist. See Grouping tracks into albums for more details.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2016 7:39 AM in response to iCeQubeTomato

iCeQubeTomato wrote:

How do I separate this two without renaming the album name?

You cannot. My approach is to use the scheme <Album> - <Album Artist> as the album name when the same title is used by more than one album. I also move any guest/featured artist information into the track name and use a common artist. See Grouping tracks into albums for more details.

tt2

Same album name different artists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.