Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud notes won't load in browser

I am trying to use iCloud Notes in a web browser. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, IE AND Safari. All of the other functions work perfectly, but I need access to Notes.

Suggestions?

Posted on Jun 7, 2016 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2016 10:40 AM

Resolved:

I was having the same issue up until just now.

i could view edit notes on my iPhone, however, could not on my Windows 7 PC. Contacts, Calendars, Email, etc load, but Notes will not load and i get the error message you described. I've viewed and edited Notes on my PC for years. hadn't tried it for several months, but this week, when i tried, I was stuck.

On my iPhone, when I was in the Notes App, there was an "Upgrade" option. I had not done this yet.

I just did this ... Upgraded my Notes.. I signed out and back in on my PC and and viola! it's now viewing on my PC. all fixed.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2016 10:40 AM in response to shag377

Resolved:

I was having the same issue up until just now.

i could view edit notes on my iPhone, however, could not on my Windows 7 PC. Contacts, Calendars, Email, etc load, but Notes will not load and i get the error message you described. I've viewed and edited Notes on my PC for years. hadn't tried it for several months, but this week, when i tried, I was stuck.

On my iPhone, when I was in the Notes App, there was an "Upgrade" option. I had not done this yet.

I just did this ... Upgraded my Notes.. I signed out and back in on my PC and and viola! it's now viewing on my PC. all fixed.

Jun 8, 2016 2:02 PM in response to shag377

Welcome to Apple Communities shag377!

Thanks for your post. So you are in need of using iCloud Notes in a web browser? No worries! You can read, write, and edit notes by using the Notes app on iCloud.com from a Mac or Windows web browser. Also it's important to update your version of Notes on all of your devices in order to use the awesome new features that the new Notes app has to offer. Please click the links below for more details on updating and using Notes with iCloud on a Mac or PC in your preferred web browser.

Notes (El Capitan): Upgrade your iCloud notes

iCloud: Updated Notes app

iCloud: Notes overview

iCloud: View iCloud notes in Microsoft Outlook on a Windows computer

This will assist you with using iCloud notes in whichever browser you desire. I hope you enjoy the new Notes app.

Take care.

Jun 13, 2016 5:28 AM in response to JayB.

Jay, I have this problem as well. I can access my notes on my iPhone, but when I try to access it on my PC browser (I've tried both IE and Google Chrome), I get a message that says that Notes won't load. Everything else in the iCloud app (i.e. contacts) works, just notes won't load.

icloud notes won't load in browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.