Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't edit my own Facebook photo posts?

I can edit my posts that I share from other people, but I can't edit my own Facebook posts where I post my own photos from my computer on Safari 9.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.11.2. Has this bug been fixed with 10.11.5? Latest Java and Flash are installed. Was never a problem under 10.7.5 or 10.10.4.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), * I may get paid from macmaps links

Posted on Jun 7, 2016 7:28 PM

16 replies

Jun 30, 2017 11:29 AM in response to leroydouglas

I can edit but cannot save the edits. For instance, from my iPhone, I click on the little three dots in the upper rh corner and select edit. I go to the photo whose caption I wish to edit, make the edits, and click 'done'. Then, nothing happens. The 'save' word is greyed out so can't save whatever edits I make. This was a problem some months ago then seemed to be fixed and now is not working again. It's frustrating! Apple please fix!

Jun 7, 2016 7:46 PM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:

I can edit my posts that I share from other people, but I can't edit my own Facebook posts where I post my own photos from my computer on Safari 9.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.11.2. Has this bug been fixed with 10.11.5? Latest Java and Flash are installed. Was never a problem under 10.7.5 or 10.10.4.

I do not have a problem editing shared post that I made on FB and I am running 10.11.5

or my own post using Safari.

I believe to edit shared you have to access through your page, not the general Timeline.

Fact is I have never had this issue on any of the OS X including 10.11.0

Jun 8, 2016 7:26 PM in response to a brody

I went to clicking on the "name" in the upper left, and then finding the post where the photo uploaded was made with my own comments, and I could not edit my own commentary. Something is weird going on there, even though the Edit menu shows up when I click on the down arrow and click on the word Edit. It only seems to work on posts I made sharing other threads. No idea why I can't edit my own text.

Jun 8, 2016 7:53 PM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:

I went to clicking on the "name" in the upper left, and then finding the post where the photo uploaded was made with my own comments, and I could not edit my own commentary. Something is weird going on there, even though the Edit menu shows up when I click on the down arrow and click on the word Edit. It only seems to work on posts I made sharing other threads. No idea why I can't edit my own text.

This does seem odd. I have never had an issue editing any of my post, or shared post.

Hard to believe it is browser related, but worth trying something different. Try logging out and back in?

Jun 9, 2016 4:32 PM in response to leroydouglas

Well this is a last resort solution. My amazon password didn't transfer over either. I gotta figure out where it hid first. Thanks. The good news is the old MacBook Pro is El Capitan compatible and has two partitions with 10.7.5 and 10.9. I might try testing it on the 10.9 partition first and then see if I move those over to the new Mac.

Jun 11, 2016 9:18 AM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:

I ran Etrecheck, and found that even though the system setup recognized it was brining over an incompatible version of Flip4Mac, it did not remove its kernel extension in the process. Now Facebook edits fine. Thank you.

WOW—good computing a brody. What an odd cause and effect.

Is Flip4Mac still relevant today? I remember it from years ago.

Can't edit my own Facebook photo posts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.