Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm locked out of my i pod how do i bypass apple id

I've recently purchased an I Pod Touch 6th generation model # A1574 from my local pawn shop but I'm being asked for the account previously linked to the device. Since it was purchased through a third party person, I obviously don't know how to contact the previous owner. What can I do in this situation to unlock/ bypass the needed apple account information that's needed for login?

iPod touch, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Jun 8, 2016 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2016 7:36 PM

There is no bypass for activation lock.

You need either the Apple ID and password that put the activation lock in place, or the original owner's cooperation. They, and only they, can provide the proof of purchase to Apple and request the activation lock be removed.

4 replies

Jun 8, 2016 12:38 AM in response to angiengene2015

Hi. Hold down the home and power button for 15 seconds connected to the iTunes. iTunes will detect an iPod in recovery mode. Restore the iPod this will delete all the content in the iPod making it like a brand new device. Once it's finished you can sign in with your apples and use iCloud etc.

Here you can find how to restore iPod via iTunes. Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

I'm locked out of my i pod how do i bypass apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.