Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased an album and it has only downloaded two songs in 3 hrs and it seems stuck??

I purchased an album and it has only download d the first two songs in 3hrs it's like it is stuck??

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 8, 2016 2:17 PM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2016 9:26 AM in response to PSUMissa

Hi PSUMissa,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I'm happy to provide you some information so that you can start listening to this new album you just purchased!

When purchases stop downloading, it can be caused by a multitude of things. Before you continue, a good troubleshooting step to start with is simply restarting your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your downloads still aren't going, they can easily be resumed. Check out the information we have on this subject outlined here:

If an iTunes Store purchase unexpectedly stops downloading

1. Open the iTunes Store app.
  2. On your iPhone, tap More at the bottom of the screen. Then tap Downloads.
  3. If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Find the item that you want to resume downloading, and tap the blue download arrow .

User uploaded file

If you continue to have issues after this, it may be easiest to download the album on iTunes on a computer, and sync your iPhone with iTunes:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB

Good luck, and enjoy your new album!

Jun 9, 2016 10:54 AM in response to PSUMissa

Hi PSUMissa,

Thanks for following up with that picture!

If you've already restarted your iPhone using the previous steps, then let's have you turn your Wi-Fi connection off/on in order to force it to reconnect:

1. Open Settings > Wi-Fi
  2. Turn Wi-Fi off
  3. Restart your iPhone
  4. Turn Wi-Fi on again under Settings > Wi-Fi

If the tracks still aren't downloading after this, let's reset your network settings. Doing this won't erase any content, but it will reset your Wi-Fi settings, paired Bluetooth devices, saved VPN settings, and any other network related settings. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

When this is done rebooting, reconnect to your Wi-Fi and test it out again.

If you continue to have problems after that, then it would be best to sync with iTunes as mentioned previously.

Cheers.

I purchased an album and it has only downloaded two songs in 3 hrs and it seems stuck??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.