Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Not Found on iPhone Find My Friends

this is causing ALL sorts of issues with us. I don't know if its because he hasn't done any of the most recent iOS updates to his IPhone (but FF has been working up until this past week) or if its because of having no signal and no wi-fi here in my office - but even when I go outside, he says it still says "location not found".

Also, in the past when he uses FF my location will show up nowhere near where I actually am - once it showed I was in someone's driveway clear on the other side of town!!

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? All my location settings are on, as are his, nothing has changed at all since we first set the phones up and started using FF.

Help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2, null

Posted on Jun 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2016 10:20 AM

See here:

Get help using Find My Friends - Apple Support

If you see a "No location available" label for friends

You might not see your friend's location for these reasons:

• Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  • The device is off or isn't connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
  • Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends.
  • Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
  • Your friend isn't signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
  • The device is in a country where Apple doesn't offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

A device's previous location will be available for 2 hours. After 2 hours, "Location not available" appears.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2016 10:20 AM in response to Dragonmaiden

See here:

Get help using Find My Friends - Apple Support

If you see a "No location available" label for friends

You might not see your friend's location for these reasons:

• Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
  • The device is off or isn't connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
  • Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends.
  • Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
  • Your friend isn't signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
  • The device is in a country where Apple doesn't offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

A device's previous location will be available for 2 hours. After 2 hours, "Location not available" appears.

Jun 9, 2016 10:34 AM in response to Dragonmaiden

Unable to send your location. Your device does that all the time if you set it up to do so (see article above).

If your boyfriend's device has location turned on and is using mobile data or wifi, you will see his location at all times, while if you go out and you are not connected to mobile data or wifi, and your location is not sent by your device, as you can see in the Apple Support article, after two hours you will be seen by all your friends as "location not available".

Jun 9, 2016 10:44 AM in response to mabaeyens

Ok I get that - however, for example this morning, I had only been at work for about 45 minutes - and he told me that I had been coming across as location not available all morning..even before I got here. I connect to either mobile data or someones wi-fi as soon as I step outside this building so its not that....all my notification settings are on, so its not that.

Location Not Found on iPhone Find My Friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.