Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an airport utility for Windows 10?

Is there an Airport Utility for Window 10?

Airport Express-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 10, 2016 11:45 AM

16 replies

Aug 18, 2017 2:56 PM in response to Designtypegeek

the last airport extreme was released in 2013

it don't look like apple are very focused on the wifi router industry so making newer windows airport utility versions when the current one works

would likely be low on the priority list

you can share your insight into the matter using their feedback channel

Feedback - AirPort Extreme - Apple

if the airport expresses will not get support for airplay version2 is it will likely be the harbinger of total exit from the market.

Aug 18, 2017 11:42 AM in response to LaPastenague

I bought an apple router because their good routers. No iOS device here, not since my 4Gen ipod.

Now I need to reconfigure my Airport since I switched Internet providers and my Apple TV (not version 2) Netflix App won't start without multiple timeouts and retries.

So Apple should provide a current Windows app to support the Airport Extreme.

Aug 21, 2017 7:09 AM in response to Designtypegeek

Turns out setting up my old Airport Extreme and connecting my Apple TV to it eliminates the timeout delays I'm having when using Netflix. Something related to a poor router supplied by my ISP.

Though the fact that the Netflix app...

on the Apple TV...

was the only app/hardware combo suffering any problems from my new internet service causes some interesting thoughts to come up. Netflix on phones, laptops, and my PS3 all running fine.

Dec 14, 2017 9:53 PM in response to Keith Wilson

I'm in the same boat. I had long time Macbooks, iMacs, iPhones and a few Airport Express&Extreme devices. But Apple ignoring the rest of the world forced me to switch over to Linux and Windows. The few devices which are left don't work with anything but Apple and they will be not replaced anymore when they bread. Sorry Apple, you forced me to.

Jan 9, 2018 10:05 AM in response to Varin57

Your understanding may be based on flawed information. Apple has not made any kind of official announcement regarding their future plans, so anything that you might have "heard" is likely to be based on either rumor or speculation.

In this regard, there were a number of online reports from "authoritative sources" well over a year ago that all predicted that within days that Apple was going to pull all of the AirPorts from their stores and dump them to a large online reseller.

Well over a year later, Apple continues to sell the the AirPort routers in their online and retail stores.....at full price.

Standard warranty applies, and the AirPorts are eligible for extended coverage under AppleCare.

Apple Support is available for AirPort users who have questions or problems.

Kind of a strange way to be "out of business".

Jun 11, 2016 12:50 AM in response to plbrooke

Apple has not updated Windows version of the airport utility since Win7 and is likely to never bother again. They have utility for iOS now .. and if you have no Mac and no iOS it is difficult to understand buying an apple router.

The last windows version does still work in later windows versions. I have it running on Win 8.1 and Win X on my network.

Download AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Windows

It is however not supported by the latest model airports. You can ignore the warning and proceed to do the setup.. it will partially work but it is hugely better to use Mac or iOS device.

Jul 23, 2016 3:51 AM in response to LaPastenague

"Apple has not updated Windows version of the airport utility since Win7 and is likely to never bother again. They have utility for iOS now .. and if you have no Mac and no iOS it is difficult to understand buying an apple router."

I am using Windows 10. I use iTunes for organising my media, Airport Express to stream music to speakers in my home, and I have Apple TV. Airport Express will only work using Airport Extreme as the base station; I have tried with the BT home hub, and other routers, and Airport Express is not recognised by those routers, so cannot be used. I therefore rely on the Airport Utility. It is flakey, but I have found that if I activate it just after Windows 10 has booted up, before using any other software, then it will find my Apple network successfully, although not always. I can, however, get it working after a few attempts, even if this involves a Restart to accomplish.

Anyway, I would have thought that it would be to Apple's benefit to update the utility for Windows 10 to cover setups similar to mine. It may be that not many people have this type of setup, however, as I have used this for quite a number of years, and have seen no need to change it. There are maybe better ways of accomplishing the type of setup that I have using different hardware.

Jul 23, 2016 4:58 AM in response to plbrooke

I have been using airport extreme boosted by an airport express, for some 3 years now. I have no issues. Important to mention, we have a MacBook Pro, an iPad, iPhones, and a windows computer that is only good for listening to music, due to the wonderful speaker system I have attached to it, and also for printing jobs, since I have yet to discover how to put my HP to work and be compatible with apple. (HP refuses to provide drivers for such)

Oct 11, 2016 3:46 PM in response to plbrooke

I've been using Airport Utility 5.6.1 quite some time on Windows 7 then Windows 10 with an Apple Airport Extreme. It finds the airport maybe 10% of the time. Maybe. It's been this way on both version of Windows. It goes long periods of time when it won't locate it. The network continues to work fine without a hitch, which seems odd. It's just the Airport Utility cannot find the airport by scanning. However, if I do a File|Configure Other... and enter the IP address of the Airport, it will connect to it and I can configure it. If I click the Update button, it will update the configuration, but then it fails to auto-reset the device, complaining again that it cannot find the device. I've searched quite a bit online for a solution but haven't found one yet.

Oct 11, 2016 4:29 PM in response to mdbratch

it cannot find the device. I've searched quite a bit online for a solution but haven't found one yet.

It sounds like the bonjour service is off.

Go to the administration from control panel and check all the services are running.. if bonjour has failed to start it is probably better to reinstall it.

I guess most people who own apple routers will at least have iphone, ipad, ipod even. It is far better to use the app in apple device than using windows.

Is there an airport utility for Windows 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.