Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop my airport extreme broadcasting

When I click on the broadcast icon at the top of my desktop it only turns off the wifi to my macbook pro. All other devices remain connected to the wifi signal.

What I want to do is actually stop the wi-fi broadcasting at will. And I don't want to just "unplug" the airport because anyone can just plug it back in.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Posted on Jun 10, 2016 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2016 4:09 PM

Please elaborate.

You have a Wi-Fi Router because you wanted to have Home Network.

In almost every case, it should be encrypted with a WPA password. That will keep unknown Users off it.

If you want to limit kids Internet time, use Parental controls on their devices, or:

airport Utility> (edit) > Network > Enable Access control > Timed Access control ...

you need to know the M.A.C. address of the devices you wish to exclude during certain times.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2016 4:09 PM in response to Locomoko

Please elaborate.

You have a Wi-Fi Router because you wanted to have Home Network.

In almost every case, it should be encrypted with a WPA password. That will keep unknown Users off it.

If you want to limit kids Internet time, use Parental controls on their devices, or:

airport Utility> (edit) > Network > Enable Access control > Timed Access control ...

you need to know the M.A.C. address of the devices you wish to exclude during certain times.

How to stop my airport extreme broadcasting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.