Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and Facetime incorrect number

Hi guys, I have an iPhone 6 and I'm running both iMessage and FaceTime. I recently went to the UK and inserted a UK sim card in to my iPhone and still used iMessage and facetime. The problem is my number remained on the UK number and now I have my old sim in but it won't use my regular number (Keeps displaying my UK one). The number in settings > phone is the right one but iMessage and facetime displays the wrong number.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 11, 2016 10:41 AM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2016 11:43 AM in response to mikhie_95

At the top of the settings screen for each of Messages and FaceTime there is a toggle. Toggle each service off and then power down your iPhone for about 5-10 minutes. Power it up again and then go back to those settings screens and toggle each service back on again and check if the correct phone number is restored. If that doesn't work there are other suggestions on this Apple support page (link below).

Add or remove your phone number to iMessage or FaceTime on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMessage and Facetime incorrect number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.