Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did expedia.com stopped supporting the iPhone Wallet?

iPhone 6s Plus

Did Expedia.com stop supporting the iPhone Wallet? i cant add the hotels reservations to my iPhone's wallet although last year i was able to and i still have them, but now i cant find a way to add expedia hotels reservation to the Wallet.

please advise

thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 11, 2016 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2017 8:11 AM

I just tried it too and get an error.

But I have a workaround if you want to add a booking in your Wallet.

Go to your Expedia app:

1) Open the app and click on your reservation in "Trips" tab to open it

2) Scroll down and click on "Additional information"

3) On this page scroll down a bit to "Hotel overview" section and you'll see "Add to Apple Wallet" link.

Instead by clicking it, press it for a view seconds you see then a view options "open, copy and share."
Above open you see a link "https://www.expedia.nl/api/common/passbook/longnumberxxxxxxxxx

If I typ that address on my MacBook in Safari I see the hotel-booking card with the question to add it to my wallet.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2017 8:11 AM in response to billmd

I just tried it too and get an error.

But I have a workaround if you want to add a booking in your Wallet.

Go to your Expedia app:

1) Open the app and click on your reservation in "Trips" tab to open it

2) Scroll down and click on "Additional information"

3) On this page scroll down a bit to "Hotel overview" section and you'll see "Add to Apple Wallet" link.

Instead by clicking it, press it for a view seconds you see then a view options "open, copy and share."
Above open you see a link "https://www.expedia.nl/api/common/passbook/longnumberxxxxxxxxx

If I typ that address on my MacBook in Safari I see the hotel-booking card with the question to add it to my wallet.

Jun 13, 2016 7:28 AM in response to the matador

Hello the matador!

I know how important it is to be sure your apps work correctly with Apple Wallet. Without knowing the steps you've tried so far, I would suggest checking out this article:

Get help with Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch

If your passes don't update

A pass hasn’t updated if it shows you outdated information, like an old balance on a gift card. To update your pass, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that you have an active Internet connection.
  2. Pull down to refresh and update the pass.
  3. Tap User uploaded file on the pass and turn on Automatic Updates. If the pass doesn't update, force Wallet to close and then open it again.

If you still need help, contact the company or vendor that provided the pass.

If you need to contact Expedia, you can go to this link here:

Expedia Customer App Support

Cheers!

Jun 13, 2016 7:51 PM in response to the matador

well expedia sent me this response and as i expected, they stopped supporting iPhone wallet

Thank you for contacting Expedia about importing your reservations to your iPhone wallet.

We are sorry, Expedia is no longer supported iPhone wallet. However, you may access your itineraries through Expedia Mobile Application

Here is how to access your reservations on your iPhone device using the self-service features on Expedia Mobile Apps:

1. Click on Expedia Apps icon on your mobile.

2. On the upper right side of the page, click on "TRIPS".

3. Click on "Sign in for your trips".

4. Enter your e-mail address " and password

5. Click "Sign In".

Dec 30, 2016 12:00 PM in response to the matador

Only certain booking types are avaliable for Apple Wallet support as per Expedia Mobiata support page

Currently, Apple Wallet integration is limited to the following itinerary types booked while signed in to your account:

• stand-alone hotels
  • activities
  • car rentals

Itineraries booked as a guest (not associated with your account), flights, and packages cannot be added to Apple Wallet at this time. To add an account booking to Apple Wallet:

1. On the app’s Home screen, tap Trips.
  2. Tap the itinerary card that you want to add to Apple Wallet.
  3. Tap Additional Information. If a room offer appears, tap "x" to close.
  4. Scroll down, and then tap Add to Apple Wallet (located below the itinerary image).
  5. In the upper right-hand corner, tap Add.

Note: This feature is not yet available in all countries.

Did expedia.com stopped supporting the iPhone Wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.