Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream not showing all photos

I have 795 pictures on my camera roll, but my photo stream only shows 105 (the most recent ones, I'd say they go from today to two-three weeks ago). Up until yesterday it showed all pictures. My photo stream had more pictures than the camera roll, they were about 810 I think. I haven't done any changes to the settings, no backups, nothing. I recently bought a new laptop and I have installed iCloud on it, only set it up with email and Apple ID, haven't connected my phone to the laptop yet.. long story short I haven't done anything weird to justify all those pictures not showing up as they did. Never had this issue before.. iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.02

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 12, 2016 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2016 1:46 PM

I think you're seeing what is now expected behaviour from Photo Stream.

Photos are only stored online (in the Photo Stream album) for either 30 days or 1000 photos.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

6 replies

Jun 12, 2016 1:56 PM in response to LACAllen

Thank you for your reply. I have read about this while googling this issue indeed... but is this a very recent change? Not that it upsets me, I save them in folders on my laptop all the time so I know I can still find them if I need them... I was surprised as I didn't do anything and boom 700+ pics gone

Jun 12, 2016 2:21 PM in response to Kia-

I honestly don't know exactly when this was changed. Likely with OSX Yosemite. It seems it was not a switch that was thrown, but somehow it was grandfathered for existing Photo Streams.

Someone here with a longer Photo Stream history than I may chime in. In practical terms, Photo Stream is not what it once was as a sharing option.

Jun 12, 2016 2:53 PM in response to Kia-

Kia- wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I have read about this while googling this issue indeed... but is this a very recent change?

No.

It’s been like this from the beginning.

1,000 photos/30 days max.

More than 1,000 photos and it will start deleting the oldest.

Sync photos to your computer.

Se this -> Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all your devices - Apple Support

Jun 12, 2016 3:52 PM in response to Chris CA

What I don't get though is why it got rid of so many pictures all at once. Maybe because of the storage? (I know I have very little left at the moment)

Also, when I open the photo stream and switch the picture view to the one that groups pics according to dates, I see all the pictures and not just the 105 onea I currently have in my stream. I guess it just shows all the rest because they are still in my camera roll so it sees them from

there?

Photo Stream not showing all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.