Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can´t select clips part in iMovie...

Hi guys

I´m using now, iMovie to edit a new project.

one weak ago, I used iMovie without problems.

Today import my iPhone video and try to select in project, part of clip but automaticly select all the clip... In other works, just put the mouse over the clip and drag to end... why not now?

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Macbook Air 11" 2012 + MacMini 2014

Posted on Jun 14, 2016 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2017 1:30 AM

Hello, I've found a solution!!!! to R key always pressed !!!!!!!!

I'm testing it with imovie 10.1.4 installed on a Macbook Pro 2012, to see if it's always workng in any conditions...

When you imported clips, to keep "R" key alway down, and to be able to select a range, instead of all clip.

Simply hold CMD+R and until the next event (import, select all....) imovie register you intention to use range selection.

For me is working, if i stat just a work-session of selecting clips.

Let me know if this trick work also in yours mac!!

See you

Genius!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2017 1:30 AM in response to léonie

Hello, I've found a solution!!!! to R key always pressed !!!!!!!!

I'm testing it with imovie 10.1.4 installed on a Macbook Pro 2012, to see if it's always workng in any conditions...

When you imported clips, to keep "R" key alway down, and to be able to select a range, instead of all clip.

Simply hold CMD+R and until the next event (import, select all....) imovie register you intention to use range selection.

For me is working, if i stat just a work-session of selecting clips.

Let me know if this trick work also in yours mac!!

See you

Genius!

Jun 14, 2016 8:22 AM in response to léonie

léonie wrote:

it is a new feature, not a bug, that you cannot drag a part of a clip to the timeline. Hold down the R key to select a part of a clip to use in the movie. Otherwise you will always add the complete clip.

See the release notes of iMovie 10.1.2:

User uploaded file

You all right!!

I didn´t see that iMovie update in past days...

User uploaded file

I can´t select clips part in iMovie...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.