Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Popup error message "Non-secure Jabber Login"

I have this annoying pop-up that continues even when the associated account is logged in and online. I have blurred the username for safety concerns.

I am hoping that someone can tell me how to get rid of this. I don't know what Jabber is. I am using the messaging on my Macbook Pro, really just reading synced messages from my iPad and iPhone while I am on the laptop.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, Texting to other iOS & Android

Posted on Jun 14, 2016 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2016 1:10 PM

From the Messages menu bar, please select

Messages ▹ Preferences... ▹ Accounts

Select one of your Jabber accounts (including Google Talk, if applicable) in the list on the left, then select the Server Settings tab. Check the box marked Use SSL. Repeat for the other accounts. Close the preferences window.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2016 1:10 PM in response to Chloesam

From the Messages menu bar, please select

Messages ▹ Preferences... ▹ Accounts

Select one of your Jabber accounts (including Google Talk, if applicable) in the list on the left, then select the Server Settings tab. Check the box marked Use SSL. Repeat for the other accounts. Close the preferences window.

Popup error message "Non-secure Jabber Login"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.