Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I unpair my lost apple watch?

Lost my apple watch. Bought a new one. How do I unpair the lost watch so that I can pair the new one?

Posted on Jun 15, 2016 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2016 1:30 PM

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > if it is still shown at the top of the screen, tap on the name of the lost the watch > on the next screen, tap on the "i" icon to the right hand side of the lost watch's name:

- On the following screen: if you see a button with the title Mark as Missing, then Activation Lock was enabled for your lost watch > tap on Mark as Missing.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2016 1:30 PM in response to MCabahug

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > if it is still shown at the top of the screen, tap on the name of the lost the watch > on the next screen, tap on the "i" icon to the right hand side of the lost watch's name:

- On the following screen: if you see a button with the title Mark as Missing, then Activation Lock was enabled for your lost watch > tap on Mark as Missing.

Jun 15, 2016 1:19 PM in response to MCabahug

Hi

Follow the instructions in the following article under "Mark your lost or stolen device as missing" > "Turn on Mark as Missing from your paired iPhone".

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

This will unpair your lost watch from your iPhone, whilst also preventing anyone else from using it.

To pair your replacement watch, follow the standard setup instructions, which may include the option to restore your new watch from a backup of your old one (if a backup exists):

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jun 15, 2016 3:16 PM in response to MCabahug

MCabahug wrote:

Unfortunately, that's when I get the message, "Update software on your paired watch" (See first post). Any other ideas?

That is not what you described previously. Your earlier post stated that you instead saw that message after tapping on "Pair a new Apple Watch":

MCabahug wrote:

I don's find that option. I see only "Pair a new Apple Watch" but when I try that it asks me to update the software on the lost watch.

Check that you are following the steps described in my earlier reply for reaching the screen where either Mark as Missing or Unpair Apple Watch would normally be shown (assuming that your iPhone still believes it is paired with the lost watch).

how do I unpair my lost apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.