Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.outlook.client.exe has stopped working

Hi,

I have been syncing my iphone6s with iTunes on windows for many months. I use it to sync contacts and calendars with the outlook 2013 I have installed. A few days ago, I began getting a popup message during sync saying "com.apple.outlook.client.exe has stopped working". The only option you have is to click a button to close that app. Sync appears to proceed but the popup occurs two or three more times before the sync ends. I can also get this error outside of sync if I go to the "info" tab where the settings for calendar and contact sync are. Note: I sync with via direct USB connection to my laptop.

I took all the normal steps I've taken in the past when having unexplained sync issues: I uninstalled iTunes and all supporting apps per the very specific sequence. I reinstalled iTunes fresh from the website. I set my sync to not include calendar/contacts. I set sync to replace all the content on the iphone. And last I did a factory reset of my iphone with content and did a restore from iTunes backup. None of this has fixed the error.

I saw a few notes about corrupt outlook PST files being a possible culprit but I use outlook with Exchange server so my calendar and contacts are not in a PST file.

Does anyone have a remedy for this issue? Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 16, 2016 11:10 AM

4 replies

Jun 17, 2016 9:55 AM in response to Niteowl01

Hello Niteowl01,

The message you've detailed typically indicates an issue with iTunes sync history. The article linked below details a number of steps that can help restore your ability to sync your device with iTunes. While I do understand that you've attempted to sync without data from Outlook, that information can continue to cause issues with the sync process, and the information outlined in the aforementioned article will reset that information.

If you can’t sync your Outlook contacts and calendars to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using iTunes for Windows
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203300

Cheers!

com.apple.outlook.client.exe has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.