Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad keep asking me to sign into iTunes

FFor two days now I keep getting a pop up saying sign in to itunes.nthos is happening on my iPad and iPad ? And even if I do so it keeps happening ! How do I stop it ?

iPad Mini 3 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.2, And iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 17, 2016 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2016 1:06 PM

Happy Saturday, Brianfromromford!

I understand you're being prompted to sign into iTunes more than you'd expect. You're in the right place for help.

In this case, you may be being prompted due to an app on your device updating. If the password isn't being accepted, signing out is a good step to try. If you're an Apple Music member, this might mean that offline music is removed - you can download it again later. Here are the steps from our article, Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file

It's a good idea to restart your device after this step. Then, try to use your device normally. The next time you download an app or are asked to update an app, sign in normally.

Enjoy your weekend!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2016 1:06 PM in response to Brianfromromford

Happy Saturday, Brianfromromford!

I understand you're being prompted to sign into iTunes more than you'd expect. You're in the right place for help.

In this case, you may be being prompted due to an app on your device updating. If the password isn't being accepted, signing out is a good step to try. If you're an Apple Music member, this might mean that offline music is removed - you can download it again later. Here are the steps from our article, Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
    User uploaded file

It's a good idea to restart your device after this step. Then, try to use your device normally. The next time you download an app or are asked to update an app, sign in normally.

Enjoy your weekend!

Why does my iPad keep asking me to sign into iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.