Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.2.3 and Multi-Output Instruments

I've posted this issue in the Vienna Symphonic Libraries message boards as well, but I'm no longer convinced that it's a problem with their 3rd party plug-in as I'm seeing the same issue with such plug-ins as Kontakt and Omnisphere.

I'm running Logic Pro X 10.2.3 on a Mac Pro 6,1 with El Capitan 10.11.5. I've also updated to the most recent VEP 5.4 14074, as well as the most up-to-date versions of the above stated Kontakt and Omnisphere.

I recently upgraded to El Capitan and opened old project files in Logic Pro X 10.1.1 on this exact operating system (Mac OS 10.11.5), they seemed to load and run just fine. But seeing as my version of Logic was quite old, I updated to 10.2.3 and immediately noticed a problem with the Multi-Output plug-ins in Logic. The auxiliary channels they link to have a slash through the input as though the channel is not available. If I navigate to the dropdown for each auxiliary channel, there are two of the exact same names available (e.g. "Vienna Ense 3-4"). As soon as I check the other option of the same name, it seems to activate and work properly. While this is encouraging, I need for this to open properly as it did in Logic 10.1.1 as I'm in a situation where I need to open old files a lot and cannot afford the time to change the Auxiliary inputs every time.

I'll continue to work in Logic 10.1.1 for the time being, but would love to take advantage of all the newest features in Logic 10.2.3 if this is a fixable issue. Please let me know if you have any advice or if this is something that's in development right now. Thanks.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jun 17, 2016 2:23 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2016 7:24 PM in response to nbcomp

I am having a similar issue. After the latest update Logic seems to have forgotten or cannot read my MultiOutput assignments for any of my External multi output units and all of my Drum tracks. Quite honestly 2 years of drum programming and mixing . I am afraid to open any more Projects until I have a definitive and more efficient way to fix. So far the only fix is to attempt to reassign all Aux outputs. But at the same time all of the mixing elements are GONE . I am not only Need to press this issue but in fact , I believe the update took Logic Pro X users 2 steps backwards. For instance , the multi out Main plugins reverted back to being @ the bottom of the 16 multi out assignment tabs again . When it was fixed in one of the more recent updates . Good Luck ! Feel free to keep me posted l

Jun 30, 2016 10:00 PM in response to Huemanbing.F.O.I

I do not have a solution for this yet, Apple is going to have to address it in the next update. It's a horrible oversight. I was only able to continue working by finding a version of 10.2.2 online and using that. Otherwise, if you have a backup of your machine on another drive where you can go pull the older version of Logic you were using, I'd suggest that. Good luck!

Logic Pro X 10.2.3 and Multi-Output Instruments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.