Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: How to Purchase A Song After Streaming in Apple Music

I am an Apple Music subscriber. I found a song I like. I "checked" it, now streaming it, and added it to a playlist I created. How would I then PURCHASE that song? From my Macbook and from my iPhone as well, I cannot figure out how to do this. When I "go to the song in iTunes", it very cleverly displays "play song" but does not allow a purchase. I can "gift the song", share it, etc., but no option to actually PURCHASE the song.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 18, 2016 9:43 AM

3 replies

Jun 18, 2016 2:06 PM in response to rsclafani

Okay, I figured it out. And this may be a useful tip for our community. Apparently, I had purchased the song from an album and also had an "Apple music" copy. Once I removed the "Apple music" copy from the playlist, I added the purchased version to the playlist and it worked. Apple could do a better job of making more clear what is "owned" and what is "streamed via Apple music" when looking at a song. Maybe an update for a future version of iTunes. I'd also like to see a way to instantly "one click" purchase a song from a playlist if I have it streamed as an Apple music song. I bet the artists would like that too.

Apple Music: How to Purchase A Song After Streaming in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.