Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't connect to wifi anymore

I have an iPad air and the WIFI can't connect all of a sudden. Today I was using it at my hotel and WIFI was working ok. I took the plane home and used Airplane Mode on and WiFi on (streaming movies) and it worked fine. When I got home, it tried connecting to my Airport Time Capsule but the wheel kept spinning without ever connecting. That router is in bridge mode with another router. The iPad can't connect to that router either. My other devices (iPhones, other iPads, MacBook) all connect fine.

I tried resetting network settings.. all settings... restarting the iPad.. restarting the router... no luck. When I open the AirPort Utility from my Macbook, I can see that my iPad's hardware address connected as a client... but it never gets an IP address assigned. All other devices get an IP address.

Any ideas?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jun 18, 2016 8:02 PM

5 replies

Jun 19, 2016 9:38 AM in response to smizera

Below is a User Tip about Wi-Fi issues. Suggest starting from the top and working down. Maybe one of them will help.

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available. Also disable any VPN apps and test Wi-Fi again.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Backup and Restore the Device using iTunes (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

User Tip: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9892

iPad won't connect to wifi anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.