Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log on to my Amazon account with my iPad mini

I have a new iPad mini I've had no problems logging on to Facebook and other apps, but the Amazon apps aren't allowing me to log on with with my Amazon email and password. I can log on with my Macbook, iPhone and iMac, but not the iPad.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jun 19, 2016 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2016 7:21 AM

G'day John Earl,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue logging in and using your iPad's Amazon app. I know how important it is to make sure that you're able to use all of your iPad's apps. I have several things for you to try.

First, it's important to make sure that you have a recent backup of your iPad's important data. Use How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to make sure you have a recent backup.

Next, you mention that the Amazon email and password combination is working fine on other devices. What I'd recommend, is opening the App Store on your iPad and checking for any available Amazon app updates to make sure you're using the latest app version.

If you still have the issue, use Delete music, movies, apps, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to delete the Amazon app from your iPad, specifically, this section:

Delete an app

1. Press and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file in the upper-left corner to delete.

You might be asked to confirm that you want to delete the app. If you see a pop-up that says, "Deleting [app name] will also delete all of its data," tap Delete.

Once you've deleted the Amazon app, redownload from the App Store. And then Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try to log in again.

If you still need assistance I recommend contacting Amazon Support directly about this issue.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2016 7:21 AM in response to John Earl

G'day John Earl,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue logging in and using your iPad's Amazon app. I know how important it is to make sure that you're able to use all of your iPad's apps. I have several things for you to try.

First, it's important to make sure that you have a recent backup of your iPad's important data. Use How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to make sure you have a recent backup.

Next, you mention that the Amazon email and password combination is working fine on other devices. What I'd recommend, is opening the App Store on your iPad and checking for any available Amazon app updates to make sure you're using the latest app version.

If you still have the issue, use Delete music, movies, apps, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to delete the Amazon app from your iPad, specifically, this section:

Delete an app

1. Press and hold the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the User uploaded file in the upper-left corner to delete.

You might be asked to confirm that you want to delete the app. If you see a pop-up that says, "Deleting [app name] will also delete all of its data," tap Delete.

Once you've deleted the Amazon app, redownload from the App Store. And then Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and try to log in again.

If you still need assistance I recommend contacting Amazon Support directly about this issue.

Best Regards.

I can't log on to my Amazon account with my iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.