Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook discount for university student

Hi all apple friends,

I am a university student. I want to have a Macbook air for my study. But, I can't effort to buy a new Macbook air. There are some refurbished macbook airs available in the official store with a discount price. But, it's still not effortable for me. So, is there any discount for student buying Macbook air, or refurbished macbook air with discount for students? How much will the price be for the discount refurbished Macbook air? Please give me suggestions. I will surely appreciate your helps.

Thanks

MacBook Air, null

Posted on Jun 21, 2016 10:44 AM

4 replies

Jun 21, 2016 4:51 PM in response to padams35

Great to know you are pursuing Higher Education. Click the link for Apple's Higher Education Price Lists by Institutions and for Individuals. Review it to see your options or use Apple's phone number to speak to someone at Apple about your Education Pricing options and Finance options.

http://www.apple.com/education/pricelists/

Wishing you all the best! Stay in College and follow through to Graduation! 🙂

Cheers!!

Jun 23, 2016 6:42 AM in response to Aprince45

First think about our major and what programs if any you will run throughout your college. Here at A&M each major has the recommendations for laptops somewhere on their website. Macs are great computers but they aren't always practical. For myself a Mac is perfect, I'm a business major so I don't run these complicated programs like my friend who's majoring in chemical engineering. The reason I say look at what you'll be using is because a lot of companies that make the more complex programs don't favor Apple, which in turn leads to you just having to download a second program just to run the original. If you're majoring in anything with engineering, programming, etc. go with a PC.

As for the discount, I did the discount when I bought my mac. The discount only applies to the brand new computer not a refurbished model. Be aware that the discount isn't anything to go crazy over as you'll only save $50 and only covers certain models. If you can spend $850 not including tax then you can get the 11-inch lowest model air. when I bought my 13" it totaled out to be $1100 and that was with the discount. But don't just limit yourself to the Apple store. My girlfriend went to the best buy across the street from the Apple store a week later and got the same exact computer for $950. Also both best buy and apple finance. In the long run you may pay more but it would be an option if you're dead set on getting a mac but can't drop the money all at once. Last option is just unfortunately purchase a cheaper non apple computer

Macbook discount for university student

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.