Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DMG Error Invalid argument

I have a Macbook Pro 2012 model and all my programs are up to date. But this week, all my DMG files seem to fail to load giving an error of invalid argument. I thought it was because the downloads were incomplete but that was not the case as the other applications I'd previously downloaded earlier this year were also not working. All these problems started when all of a sudden I was locked out of Spotify and had to reinstall it but failed to get it loaded. So I can only use spotify now on my iPhone.

I restarted the computer but with no results. My DMG files are set to open with Disk Image Mounter so that is not the problem. Its really frustrating.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Jun 22, 2016 11:31 AM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2016 12:10 AM in response to benjys

Yes, I was trying to update my flash player. I also tried installing Spotify and failed. And any other application (Java updates, Spyder notebook, Texworks, VirtualBox etc...); the Flash player error is the same that pops up for all of the DMG files. I picked the flash player image as a demo for you and others to see the problem.

Jul 2, 2016 7:30 AM in response to benjys

benjys wrote:

Yes, I was trying to update my flash player. I also tried installing Spotify and failed. And any other application (Java updates, Spyder notebook, Texworks, VirtualBox etc...); the Flash player error is the same that pops up for all of the DMG files. I picked the flash player image as a demo for you and others to see the problem.

Can Not Open any .dmg File—

I suspect you have a corrupt OS X.

I would re-install the OS X from Recovery, (hold the command key on start up) .

Recovery http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/242099/os-x-el-capitan-suddenly-cant-op en-dmg-files/242668

DMG Error Invalid argument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.