Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skin Allergy by Apple Watch

User uploaded file

I got a Rose Gold Sport 42mn with Blue Sport band and within 48 hours of warning had severe itching on the wrist at the area where the metal "lock" touches the skin. This itching soon developed into a full rash with eruptions and bleeding. After contacting apple support they asked me many many questions to give information to their engineers and asked me to stop wearing the watch. Within 48 hours of stopping to wear the watch, my rash subsided and eventually healed. It is evident that the metal in the sport band is causing an allergic reaction. I need a resolution ASAP for this matter. User uploaded file

Apple Watch Sport 42mm

Posted on Jun 22, 2016 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2016 8:04 PM

Hi,

It appears you have an allergy to the Apple Watch.

Some users may have reactions to the Apple Watch materials > Wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support

This is a user to user community, you are not communicating directly with Apple here. I'm sorry you're having a bad reaction the watch.

No guarantees but you can ask for a refund > Contact - Official Apple Support

You can also report the issue to Apple directly on Twitter: @AppleSupport

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2016 8:04 PM in response to ssinghal79

Hi,

It appears you have an allergy to the Apple Watch.

Some users may have reactions to the Apple Watch materials > Wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support

This is a user to user community, you are not communicating directly with Apple here. I'm sorry you're having a bad reaction the watch.

No guarantees but you can ask for a refund > Contact - Official Apple Support

You can also report the issue to Apple directly on Twitter: @AppleSupport

Jun 23, 2016 1:01 AM in response to ssinghal79

ssinghal79 wrote:

It is evident that the metal in the sport band is causing an allergic reaction. I need a resolution ASAP for this matter.

Hi

If the cause is confirmed as an allergic reaction to nickel (you may wish to consult a doctor / physician, as recommended by Apple), then possibilities include:

• You may be susceptible to nickel reactions at low levels (those in Apple Watch bands are specified below strict restrictions set by European regulation).
  • Your band has a manufacturing defect:

If an inspection has not already been arranged, you may wish to ask Apple to check the band under warranty by contacting Apple Support (mail-in service may be available) or making a Genius Bar reservation:

If the band is not found to be defective and the issue is confined to the area directly beneath the back of the Sport Band pin, then - after having consulted with a doctor and after having allowed your skin to heal - options that you may wish to consider include:

Exchanging your watch or buying an additional band such that you can wear Apple Watch with the 42mm Black Sport Band with Space Black Pin.

User uploaded file

• Wearing a different type of band that does not bring your skin into contact with stainless steel.
  • Covering the back of the pin on your existing band:

Users elsewhere have suggested, for example, applying one or more coats of clear nail varnish to the back of the pin.

Whilst your issue may prove to be confined to the band, keep in mind also that the Rose Gold Aluminium and the Space Gray Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch (stainless steel models) and the magnets in the watch and bands do also contain some nickel.

More information:

Wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/support/assets/docs/products/watch/Restricted_Chemicals_for _Wearables.pdf

http://www.apple.com/shop/watch/bands

Skin Allergy by Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.